ORDERS PLACED BEFORE 5 PM WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT DAY
Home Made Roasted Chana (Putani/ hurigadale )Chutney Powder
Product Code: 07139010
Ex Tax: Rs.38.00
Ex Tax: Rs.38.00
Roasted Chana Dal Chutney Powder, also known as Hurigadale/Putani Chutney Pudi , is a very quick and easy condiment prepared using roasted channa dal (fried gram), red chili powder, curry leaves, garlic, tamarind, jaggery, and salt.
Hurigadale Chutney Pudi Ingredients
- Hurikadale (Roasted Chana Dal): also known as fried gram, daliya, putani, or kadle papu. This is the star ingredient in this recipe.
- Dry coconut (optional): You will need dry grated coconut for this recipe. You can also use desiccated coconut.
- Red chili powder: adjust as per your spice level, or you can also dry roast red dry chilies and use them.
- Garlic cloves: I love the garlic flavor in this podi. However, you can skip it and add ¼ teaspoon of asafoetida (hing) instead.
- Curry leaves: I use 1 stalk of curry leaves, you can increase if you like.
- Jaggery: it's optional but gives a nice flavor.
- Tamarind: is added for tanginess. ,
- Store it in an air-tight container. Serve Putani Chutney Pudi or fried gram chutney powder with roti or chapati.
Tips & Variations
- The spice level of this powder is low to medium, unlike the other chutney powders.
- You can use it in your daily food
- This powder stays good for at least 1-2 months.
- You could also add 2 tablespoons of dry grated coconut, which enhances the flavor.
- You may find the powder to be dry to eat. This powder can be mixed with curd or ghee or oil and then consumed with rice or roti.
- This powder is often used as curry powder in many South Indian curries. It helps to thicken the curry.
Calories: 104kcal Carbohydrates: 17g Protein: 4g Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 2g Sodium: 50mg Potassium: 75mg
Fiber: 7g Sugar: 1g Vitamin A: 927IU
Vitamin C: 20mg Calcium: 56m gIron: 2mg