• Anti oxidant – Helps to treat diabetes, cancer.
• Improves brain function and reduces inflammation.
• Helps in detoxification of the body.
• Helps weight loss – rich in fibre.
• Reduces the risk of diabetes, obesity and heart diseases.
• Improves digestion.
• Maintains blood pressure.
• Helps in treating asthma.
• Improves eyesight.
• Unlike white rice, black rice takes more time to cook. Hence soak it overnight to reduce the cooking time. When cooked, the rice turns deep purple in color.
• It is a healthy alternative to white rice.
• It can be used to prepare desserts like kheer.
• It can also be used to prepare cake, bread and noodles.
Serving size: ½ cup of cooked black rice
|Iron||6% (of daily value)|